Send Us Your Music Campaign Terms and Conditions
Send Us Your Music Campaign and Music Video Competition: Terms and Conditions Competition prize – win a music video
1. To enter the competition, entrants must enter the Send Us Your Music campaign (details below [www.channel5.com/sendusyourmusic]).
2. The prize is provided by Channel 5 and it consists of:
a. A creative brainstorming session with a Channel 5 creative director and members of the director’s team. The session will take place at Northern & Shell Building, 10 Lower Thames St, EC3R 6EN or Northern & Shell Tower, 4 Selsdon Way E14 9GL.
b. A one or two day shoot (depending on production requirements) at Channel 5’s Selsdon Way studios. Filming equipment, crew and props will be provided by Channel 5, except for any musical instruments/equipment, which must be provided by the winner.
c. Editing and post production of the music video.
d. A copy of the music video, to be provided in the form of a high resolution Quicktime file.
3. The competition closes at 23:59 GMT on 23 January 2012.
4. The winner will be notified during the week commencing on 6 February 2012.
5. The brainstorming session will occur during the week commencing on 13 February 2012 (subject to change at Channel 5’s discretion). It is envisioned that the creative direction for the music video will be a collaborative process between the winner and Channel 5, however Channel 5 retains editorial control at all times.
6. The winner and band must be available for the music video shoot in London during the week commencing on 27 February 2012 (subject to change at Channel 5’s discretion). If the winner and/or band are not available to attend the brainstorming session and music video shoot in London on the dates specified above, or any alternative dates as specified by Channel 5, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be chosen.
7. Entries will be judged on originality, likeability and production quality, and preference will be given to current, active artists. The winner selection is in Channel 5 and Sentric’s absolute discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. If an entrant enters more than one song, all of the songs entered by the entrant will be judged as a single entry.
8. The prize does not include accommodation or travel to or from Channel 5’s studios. Send Us Your Music campaign
9. The Send Us Your Music campaign is a campaign to find new music for use on Channel 5’s television channels and websites, and particularly for its promotional trailers for programmes (“the Campaign”).
10. The Campaign is open to all residents of the United Kingdom (the “Participants”).
11. By entering the Campaign, Participants accept these terms and conditions and Sentric Music’s terms and conditions (available at [insert link]), The Participants also accept any specific instructions and terms for the Campaign which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, on the website, or communicated to Participants in any other way (“Campaign Information”). Such Campaign Information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these terms and conditions, Sentric Music’s terms and conditions and any Campaign Information.
12. Channel 5 may cancel or amend the Campaign, Campaign Information, the competition
to win a music video, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Campaign Information or these terms and conditions.
13. Channel 5’s decision in all matters to do with the Campaign and the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entry
14. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or
household member) of any of the following may not enter:
a. Companies within Channel 5 Television Group Limited (“Channel 5”);
b. Companies within Northern & Shell plc; c. Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the Campaign or its entry routes or their agents or subsidiaries;
d. Any company involved in any capacity in the production or sponsorship of a programme to which the Campaign relates.
15. The Campaign is ongoing: there is no closing date at present. In the event that we decide to introduce a closing date, this will be stated in the Competition Information and these terms and conditions in due course.
16. To enter the Campaign, Participants must do the following:
(a) sign up as a user of Sentric Music; and
(b) submit their track under 'TV
Opportunities' section on their account page.
17. Tracks will only be considered for use in the Campaign if the process set out above is completed in full.
18. Channel 5 and/or Sentric Music will contact participants by email if their track is used in a programme trailer. The email may or may not be sent prior to the track being used on air.
19. Tracks selected for use as part of the Campaign and in accordance with Clause 20 below will be registered and published as part of the “Masstrax” catalogue only (not the Sentric Music catalogue).
20. By submitting a track for consideration in the Campaign, Participants confirm that they consent to Channel 5 using their track for programme trailers and other presentation materials on any of Channel 5’s television channels or websites in perpetuity and without further reference to them if Channel 5 in its sole discretion chooses to do so.
21. Channel 5 reserves the right to edit tracks for duration.
22. Channel 5 reserves the right for quality or regulatory reasons or at its sole discretion, to assist the Participants to re-record and/or to edit their entries in a format that can be broadcast on television (or transmission by any electronic means) if required. This decision will be made at the sole discretion of Channel 5.
23. By submitting a track, Participants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Participants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted and Channel 5’s use of such works will not infringe the rights of any third party. Entries must be original works and must not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other rights of a third party.
24. Neither Channel 5 nor Northern & Shell plc nor any other party or organisation (including their employees, officers, servants or agents) involved in the management, promotion, entry, or administration of the Campaign (or their agents or subsidiaries involved in any way in the Campaign) (together the “Campaign Parties”) will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Channel 5 or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside their control. Proof of submission online is not proof of receipt by Channel 5.
25. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Channel 5 or Sentric will be void.
26. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry, or the operation of any part of the Campaign, the decision of Channel 5 shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. Channel 5 will not be liable to reimburse any expenses incurred in entering the Campaign. Data Protection and Publicity
28. If a Participant is successful and their track is used by Channel 5 as part of the Campaign, it is intended that the name they submitted their track under will be credited on the programmer trailer (subject to Channel 5’s legal and regulatory obligations). It is intended that credits will be given on 5* but will not necessarily be given where tracks are used on other Channel 5 channels and websites (see Clause 20 above).
29. Channel 5 (or any third party nominated by Channel 5) may exercise its sole discretion to use the names, addresses, images, the comments relating to the Campaign and the Campaign experience of the Participants whose tracks are selected for use as part of the Campaign for promotion of the Campaign, or the Campaign Parties, and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
30. The information Participants supply in connection with the Campaign (including their personal details):
a. may be included in a database compiled for the Campaign and will be used for the purposes of selecting successful Participants;
b. may also be used for inclusion and/or read out in any programme produced in connection with the Campaign; and
c. will not be supplied to third parties (other than the Campaign Parties) other than as is reasonably necessary to select successful Participants/winners and to administer the Campaign and the competition.
31. Any personal information provided by the Participants, including as part of the Sentric Music application process, will only be used by Channel 5 in accordance with its Privacy Statement which is accessible at www.channel5.com/privacypolicy for the purposes of the Campaign or the competition or as otherwise set out in these terms and conditions.
32. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the Campaign Parties’ liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier's negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, none of the Campaign Parties can accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Participant entering the Campaign or the competition. None of the Campaign Parties are responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Campaign.
33. None of the Campaign Parties promise that the services relating to the Campaign or the competition will be free from errors or omissions, nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of any Campaign Party. Channel 5 will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the Campaign is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
34. In the event that any Participant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions, Sentric Music’s terms and conditions, the Campaign Information, or acts fraudulently, dishonestly, or in any other inappropriate or improper manner, Channel 5 shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such Participant and to cease using their track (if their entry has been successful) without any further liability to such Participant. All Participants must comply with any directions given by any Campaign Party including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable, compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
35. These terms and conditions and the Campaign Information shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
36. Channel 5’s Customer Services team may be contacted on 0845 7 05 05 05 [confirm number is correct]. The promoter of the Campaign is Channel 5 Broadcasting Ltd, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6EN.
Standard terms - competition
1. By entering this competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
2. Channel 5 may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
3. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
4. Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. Not all of the following methods of entry may be available for entry to each competition. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information.
5. Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details.
6. Neither Channel 5 nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Channel 5 or any third party), virus,
bugs, or other causes outside its control.
7. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted. Entrants may enter as many times as they like unless otherwise indicated in the competition information but no more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded.
8. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of Channel 5 shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Channel 5 will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where Channel 5 decides in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. Channel 5 reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition (for example, in exceeding the maximum number of entries).
10. Selection of winning entries is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner will be contacted at the date specified in the competition information. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, e-mail, or postal address provided when entering the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Channel 5 is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Channel 5 reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
13. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner, which in Channel 5’s determination, is contrary to these terms and conditions or is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the competition, hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Channel 5 and/or any of its agents or representatives), may be rejected from the competition at Channel 5’s sole discretion.
14. Channel 5 reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Channel 5 that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
15. Channel 5 reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition.
16. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Channel 5 reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
17. The first name and surname of the winner may be published by Channel 5 and also be obtained by sending a SAE to Competitions, Channel 5, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6EN including the name of the competition within 3 months of the closing date. By entering the competition entrants grant to Channel 5 a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
18. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Channel 5 shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Channel 5 reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Channel 5 including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable, compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and PhonePayPlus Code of Practice.
19. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
20. Northern and Shell Plc reserves the right to offer the competition across its network.
21. These terms and conditions were last updated on 3 November 2011