Sex secrets of the new generation
An exclusive online survey commissioned for FIVER’s hit series Generation Sex has exposed that 72% of over 18’s in the UK have used the internet to find ‘no strings’ sex, it was revealed today (MON).
The online survey uncovered that the newest generation of
youngsters are using the latest methods of technology and communication
such as the phone, video, text messaging and the internet to conduct
their sexual relationships. The survey found that:
• Nearly three quarters (74%) had indulged in phone sex
• Over half (56%) had filmed themselves having sex
• 85% sent dirty text messages
• And a whopping 93% of boys watched porn on a regular basis.
The survey highlighted new liberal attitudes towards sex and
group sex with nearly half of adults admitting to have had a threesome
(48%) and a massive 82% would consider an invite to an orgy.
The survey also revealed attitudes towards new
performance-enhancing drugs on the market and sexual preferences
including voyeurism and exhibitionism.
• 38% have secretly watched other people having sex
• Almost a third (32%) have taken drugs to enhance sex
• Almost half (48%) have someone who they regularly had ‘no strings’ sex with
• 59% claim that size does not matter
• Over half (52%) have gone commando
• And 42% had a penchant for dressing up during sex.
Note to Editors
* The survey was hosted by www.surveymonkey.com
* Generation Sex is a 6x60min series from Princess
Productions which explores everything from modern sexual etiquette to
virtual sex, sex toys and cyber sex. It also features contributions
from a range of people including those who take part in posh orgies or
make a living from selling upmarket sex toys. Plus, it reveals a new
dictionary of sexual terms, explaining all the baffling terminology
from pegging to snowballing. A host of celebrities also spill the beans
on their own sexual exploits and knowledge, including: Gavin and
Stacey’s Joanna Page, Rebecca Loos; Adele Silva; Paul Kaye and Calum Best.
* Generation Sex is a Princess Production for FIVER.
The executive producers are Sebastian Scott and Gideon Joseph and the
series producer is Paul Clay. The series was commissioned by Five’s
Head of Factual Entertainment and Multi-channel commissioner, Steve
* Five’s digital channel Five Life is renamed FIVER from Monday, 28th April, 2008.
Want to find out when the next series of CSI will be starting? Or find out more information about our channels? Check the Freqently Asked Questions section compiled and regularly updated by our customer services team.