Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary Competition Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the ‘Disneyland Paris’ and ‘Channel 5’ competition featured on-air on any of Channel 5's broadcast channels, in Channel 5's interactive or mobile services, and online at www.channel5.com.
2. By entering the competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned on-air, in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
3. The Promoters may cancel or amend this competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
How to Enter
4. Participants must enter via www.channel5.com/disneylandparis and will be required to upload a family photo as well as a birthday message to Disneyland Paris. Messages can be in the form of video, photo/image, audio or text. Files submitted as audio/video entries must last for no longer than 60 seconds, with a file size no greater than 10MB.
5. Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Entrants under the age of 18 should ask a parent or guardian to enter on their behalf.
6. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, which comprises England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. The Promoters reserve the right to ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Channel 5's satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), The Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Competition is open to 18 years and over . There is no maximum age limit,. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
a. Companies within Channel 5 Television Group Limited (“Channel 5”);
b. Companies within the Northern & Shell Group (comprising the Northern & Shell Broadcasting Limited group of companies and the Northern & Shell Network Limited group of companies).
c. Euro Disney Associes S.C.A (Disneyland Paris) and affiliated companies;
d. Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
e. Any company involved in any capacity in the production or sponsorship of a programme to which the competition relates.
7. Where the competition information specifies a minimum or maximum age limit The Promoters reserve the right to ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
8. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the standard terms. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
9. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, for example photographs and drawings, and Channel 5' & Euro Disney Associés S.C.A use of such works will not infringe the rights of any third party.
10. Where indicated in the competition information, some competitions are only open to
registered users of the channel5.com website. There is no charge for registration.
11. There is no limit on the number of entries a person or household may make however each entry must be individual in its own right. Replicate entries will be considered invalid.
12. Entry to the competition may only be made online.Web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website and they will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Entrants will be required to supply their name, email address and a contact telephone number and/or any other details.
13. Neither of the Promoters nor their servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Channel 5 or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
14. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted. Entrants may enter as many times as they like unless otherwise indicated in the competition information but no more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded
15. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by the Promoters will be void..
16. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of the Promoters shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Promoters will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition. Where the Promoters decide in its sole discretion that an entrant is eligible for a refund, eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. The Promoters reserve the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition (for example, in exceeding the maximum number of entries).
18. There are 2 prizes to be won. Each prize is for a family of four (including at least 1 parent or guardian and child under 12). Each prize will include:
- Standard class return travel on the Eurostar direct service Departing 10.17am on Wednesday 11th April from London St Pancras to Marne Le Valle and returning 6.02pm on Friday 13th April from Marne Le Valle
- Accommodation for 2 nights in a standard family room at Disney’s Newport Bay Club including breakfast
- Tickets to both Disney Parks for the duration of your stay (subject to capacity)
- Each family of four will receive meal vouchers for the duration of their stay. This includes 8x premium half board lunch vouchers + 4x premium half board dinner vouchers per family.
- 1 x Character breakfast at Cafe Mickey on Thursday 13th April 2012, for each winning family. Adult meals include 1x starter, 1x main and 1x dessert. For children special meals with 1x soft drink are included.
- 1 x VIP Fastpass for each winning family giving unlimited access to the most popular attractions. This pass is subject to particular rides in Disneyland Park.
- Meet and Greet with Peter Andre
- VIP viewing of the Disney Dreams show on 11th April 2012.
- Appearance in Disneyland Paris TV commercial to be aired on UK TV 29th April 2012. Filming of this commercial will take place on 11th April 2012 upon arrival at Disneyland Paris.
19. Entrants should make sure they are happy for themselves and their family to appear in the Disneyland Paris TV commercial to be broadcast on UK television and on the internet. Disneyland Paris will select winners who are happy to appear and to sign Disney’s standard written release form granting permission for such use.
20. The winner (and their companion(s) will be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas. The winner (and their companion(s) must be able to travel on the date specified by The promoters and no alternative dates will be available. Where there are multiple people travelling, the winner and their companion/s must travel at the same time on the same itinerary.. The winner is solely responsible for travel to and from the UK departure point specified by the promoter and all insurance, applicable taxes and for any costs, expenses and charges not specified as being included in the prize description.
21. Winners will be selected based on the most creative, fun, engaging or cute birthday messages that are relevant to Disneyland Paris and the 20th Anniversary. Euro Disney Associes S.C.A will select the 5 finalists, and an independent judge will select the final two winners. The Independent Judge will be Peter Andre (subject to availability).
22. Selection of winning entries is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. Winners will be selected on 4th April 2012 and will be contacted by Euro Disney Associes S.C.A on the phone number & e-mail address provided when entering the competition. The selected winners will have 24 hours in which to confirm acceptance of the prize. If Euro Disney Associes S.C.A are unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and the promoters reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
24. Upon acceptance of the prize and returned authorised release forms, the winners will be sent a confirmation letter via email, detailing the prize and details for travel. A representative for Euro Disney Associes S.C.A will greet the winners at Eurostar St Pancras terminal and allocate their travel tickets. All remaining prize elements will be delivered when they check in to their hotel at Disneyland Paris.
26. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner, which in the Promoters’ determination, is contrary to these terms and conditions or is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the competition, hacking, cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or the promoters and/or any of its agents or representatives), may be rejected from the competition at the Promoters’ sole discretion.
27. The Promoters reserve the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
28. The Promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion to withhold the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the competition
29. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, the Promoters reserve the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond their control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
30. There is no alternative cash prize.
Data Protection and Publicity
31. The Promoters will use the winner's (and their family or companion's) name, address, and image and any other filmed materials relating to their visit to Disneyland Paris and experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
32. Information and data ("personal data") which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by the Promoters and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition Entrants' personal data may also be passed to their mobile phone network or to relevant regulatory bodies including PhonePayPlus, the police or other authorities in the course of the investigation of any complaints or suspected unlawful activity or where requested by the phone provider in connection with the billing arrangements for the competition. Aggregate, non personal data may also be used for the purpose of undertaking market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services.
35. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit either Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier's negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, neither promoter can accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Promoters are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
36. The Promoters cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of the promoter. The Promoters will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
37. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, the Promoter’s shall be entitled at their sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and the Promoters reserve the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by the Promoters including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations, and where applicable, compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and PhonePayPlus Code of Practice.
38. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
39. Closing date is 11:59pm, Tuesday 3rd April 2012
40. Channel 5's Customer Services team may be contacted on 0845 7 05 05 05.
41. The ’Promoters’ of the competition are Channel 5 Broadcasting Ltd, 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6EN and Euro Disney Associés S.C.A;, Immeubles Administratifs, Route Nationale 34 77700 Chessy Montévrain.
42. Northern and Shell Plc reserves the right to offer these competitions across its network.
43. These terms and conditions were last updated on 16 March 2012.