Big Brother Vote Terms & Conditions
Big Brother Vote - Terms & Conditions
1. The Celebrity Big Brother Vote (the "Vote") is organised by or on behalf of Channel 5 Broadcasting Limited of 10 Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6EN ("Channel 5"). By participating in the Vote you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
2. You will be able to cast your vote by premium rate telephone call to an '09' number from a landline or a Mobile Short Dial Code ("MSDC") from a mobile. It is not possible to vote using SMS. Please note that the cost of each vote may vary according to your method of voting. Please see the sections below for the specific terms which apply to each method of voting.
3. Voting is intended for viewers watching the show in the UK. Responsibility cannot be accepted for any vote services promoted outside the UK and Channel Islands as these are not within our control. Channel 5 reserves the right to disallow votes if they have reasonable grounds to suspect they have been made from outside the UK (and Channel Islands).
Premium Rate Phone Calls
4. Each call is worth one vote and viewers may phone vote via two methods:
• Landline Votes– dial the premium rate '09' telephone number for the chosen housemate as displayed on screen. Each vote via the premium rate telephony service costs 50 pence from a BT landline, calls from other landlines may be higher and from mobiles considerably more. Please check with your network operator or mobile provider before calling for exact call charges.
• Mobile Votes– UK mobile users dial the 7 digit Mobile Short Dial Code ("MSDC") for the chosen housemate as displayed on screen. Each vote via a UK mobile to a MSDC costs 50 pence. MSDCs are only available from a mobile phone and cannot accept text messages. Call charges may apply if the number is misdialled and is a valid number. The Channel Islands and Isle of Man are covered by separate mobile network operators who do not currently support voting by MSDCs. Viewers in these regions may still be able to vote by dialling the 09 numbers from their landlines at a 50p rate (from a BT landline) or on their mobile phone incurring higher charges (in the same way as they may have voted in previous voting shows).
5. You may vote as many times as you like but the eligibility of any vote is at the sole discretion of Channel 5.
6. Voters must obtain permission from the bill payer before voting. Make sure you carefully dial the number of the housemate you wish to vote for.
7. At times you may not be able to get through to register your vote. Channel 5 is not liable to callers who are unable to register a vote.
8. The opening times of the Vote are all as advertised on www.channel5.com/bigbrother, the Celebrity Big Brother iOS app, Facebook and Twitter. Viewers will also be informed that the Vote is open on air that same evening in Channel 5 programmes Celebrity Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother's Bit on The Side, or on the website www.channel5.com/bigbrother. Votes cast outside these times will not be counted. Voting closes during the Celebrity Big Brother eviction programme. Please watch the programme for the exact closing time of the vote. The results of the Vote will be announced during the Celebrity Big Brother eviction programme. Channel 5 and the programme producer reserve the right to conduct a vote freeze or freezes at any time. Any planned vote freeze will be communicated on air. In the event of a vote freeze the following terms apply:
The phone lines for the first part of the Vote may be open for a limited period only until voting lines are frozen. The results of the vote freeze will be announced on air and the specified number of housemates with the least public votes if it is a vote to evict or with the most public votes if it is a vote to save or win will be removed from the public vote. An on air announcement will be given to inform viewers when voting lines re-open and the public can then continue to vote for the housemates remaining in the public vote. All votes received by the remaining housemates prior to the lines being frozen are carried forward to the next stage of voting.
9. Channel 5 reserves the right to disallow votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent votes have been cast.
10. Channel 5 is committed to operating a fair and consistent voting system. Please note that Channel 5 is unable to confirm the integrity of any other voting method except for the official voting systems as outlined in these Terms.
11. Channel 5 may amend, suspend, withdraw, cancel or re-set the Vote for any reason at its sole discretion and at any time.
12. All votes are monitored by Electoral Reform Services.
13. Channel 5's decision in relation to all matters affecting the Vote is final.
14. Under no circumstances will there be a refund for any vote cast or for any misdialled calls.
15. Channel 5, its group companies and sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Channel 5 hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the Vote.
16. Facebook, Apple, and Twitter are not sponsors nor are they involved with Celebrity Big Brother, Channel 5 or Endemol UK Limited in any way. Facebook, Apple and Twitter are not responsible for the content of Celebrity Big Brother nor do they have any authority over events within the show.
18. Channel 5 reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants. Please check these Terms and Conditions each time you wish to vote.
19. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law.
20. The Celebrity Big Brother Vote Terms & Conditions were last updated on 22nd November 2013.