Big Brother Vote Terms & Conditions
To apply for a vote refund, please see this link: 13th January Vote Refunds
Celebrity Big Brother 2015 Vote Terms & Conditions
1. The Celebrity Big Brother 2015 voting (the "Vote") is organised by or on behalf of Channel 5 Broadcasting Limited of 10 Lower Thames Street, London EC3R 6EN ("Channel 5"). By participating in the Vote you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions").
2. You will be able to cast your vote in three ways: by premium rate telephone call to an ‘09’ number from a landline, by premium rate telephone call to a Mobile Short Dial Code ("MSDC") number from a UK mobile phone (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) or for Apple iOS7 or newer device users and Android 4.0.1 – 4.4 (Ice cream sandwich to Kit Kat) users only, via the official Big Brother app (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). It is not possible to vote using SMS (text). Please note that the cost of each vote may vary according to your method of voting. Please see the sections below for the specific terms which apply to each method of voting. Please seek the bill payers permission before voting.
3. Voting is intended for viewers watching the programmes in the UK. Responsibility cannot be accepted by Channel 5 for any vote services promoted outside the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man as these are not within Channel 5's control. Channel 5 reserves the right to disallow votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect they have been made from outside the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
4. Premium Rate Phone Calls
Each call is worth one vote unless otherwise advised on air and viewers may phone vote via two premium rate methods while the Vote is open:
- Landline Votes – dial the premium rate ‘09’ telephone number for the chosen Housemate as displayed on screen. Each vote via the premium rate telephony service costs 50 pence from a BT landline, calls from other landlines and mobiles may cost considerably more. Please check with your network operator or mobile provider before calling for exact call charges. Call charges may apply if the number is misdialled and is a valid number.
- UK Mobile Phone Votes (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) – dial the premium rate 7 digit MSDC number for the chosen Housemate as displayed on screen. Each vote to a MSDC number costs 50 pence. MSDC numbers are only available for use from a mobile phone and these numbers cannot accept text messages. Call charges may apply if the number is misdialled and is a valid number.
The Channel Islands and Isle of Man are covered by separate mobile network operators who do not currently support voting by MSDCs. Viewers in these regions will still be able to vote from a landline using the ‘09’ number for their chosen Housemate as set out above.
5. Official Big Brother app (the "App")
Users of Apple mobile devices and tablets with iOS7 or newer for iPhones, iPod Touch, iPads or iPad minis may download the latest version of the App from the Apple iTunes App store. Users of Android mobile devices and tablets with 4.0.1 -4.4 (Ice cream sandwich to Kit Kat) may download the latest version of the App from the Google Play App store.
Download of the App is free, although data charges from the user’s network operator may apply.
To vote via the App, users must first purchase vote credits. The following packs of vote credits may be available for purchase: 2 votes for 99 pence or 10 votes for £4.99
A maximum of 50 unused vote credits can be held in the App at
most times, but in the final 7 days of Celebrity Big Brother a maximum of only 20 unused vote credits can be held. Users will not be able to purchase vote credits if this would cause the maximum unused vote credit limits set out above to be exceeded.
Subject to Apple's / Android’s own credit limits, a maximum of 100 vote credits can be purchased by Apple/Android users per day.
If using the Android app, users will be required to hold a Google Wallet account to be able to vote: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2411788?hl=en
Each vote credit used is worth one vote and vote credits may be used by following the instructions in the App to vote for the chosen Housemate while the Vote is open. The ability to make multiple votes for one Housemate may be available. Please purchase your vote credits in good time to use them.
Any vote credits not used by the end of Celebrity Big Brother 2015 will be available to use in any future Big Brother App voting that may occur.
Channel 5 may without notice in its sole discretion at any time change the rules for voting via the App or withdraw the availability of voting via the App either temporarily or permanently. If the availability of voting via the App is withdrawn permanently before the final vote close of Celebrity Big Brother 2015, Channel 5 will make arrangements for the claim of refunds for any unused vote credits.
If at any time the App is deleted from the user’s device, or if the user’s device is wiped, any unused vote credits will be lost.
6. You may vote by any of the above methods as many times as you like but the eligibility of any vote is at the sole discretion of Channel 5.
7. Voters must obtain permission from the bill payer before voting. If using premium rate telephony, please make sure you carefully dial the number of the Housemate you wish to vote for.
8. At times you may not be able to get through to register your vote using premium rate telephony. Channel 5 is not liable to callers who are unable to register a vote.
9. The App and/or voting via the App may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our reasonable control. Except as set out elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, Channel 5 will not be liable to you or to any other person in the event that all or part of the App is unavailable, discontinued, modified or changed in any way and/or if users are unable to register a vote via the App.
10. Vote opening and closing
The opening and closing times of the Vote are all as advertised on bigbrother.channel5.com, the App, Facebook and/or twitter. Viewers will also be informed that the Vote is open, frozen or closed on air in the Channel 5 programmes Big Brother and/or Big Brother’s Bit on The Side or the Celebrity versions of those programmes. Votes cast outside these times will not be counted but may still be charged.
Voting closes during the Celebrity Big Brother Eviction programmes. Please watch the programmes for the exact closing times of the Vote.
If you are watching any of the Celebrity Big Brother programmes on Channel 5 +1, +24, on Demand 5, MTV or on any other time shift or catch up service, please check whether the Vote is still open before attempting to vote because the Vote may have closed. If the Vote has closed your vote will not be counted but you may still be charged.
11. The Vote result
All eligible votes from the premium rate phone voting routes and the App voting route will be aggregated prior to any result announcement.
The result of the Vote where practicable will be announced during the relevant Celebrity Big Brother Eviction programme.
In the event of a tie, Big Brother’s decision as to the outcome of the Vote and/or the method of determining the outcome of the Vote is final and binding.
12. Vote freeze
Channel 5 and the programme producer reserve the right to conduct a vote freeze or freezes at any time. Any planned vote freeze will be communicated on air. In the event of a planned vote freeze:
The phone lines and voting via the App for the first and subsequent parts of the Vote may be open for a limited period only until voting is frozen.
The results at the vote freeze will be announced on air.
13. Channel 5 reserves the right to disallow votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent votes have been cast or if it considers, at its sole discretion, that there has been any deliberate attempt to excessively manipulate or unfairly influence the result of the Vote.
14. Channel 5 is committed to operating a fair and consistent voting system. Please note that Channel 5 is unable to confirm the integrity of any other voting method except for the official voting systems as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
15. There are a number of situations that could arise during Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother which could affect the Vote, such as the withdrawal or removal of a Housemate for health or other reasons, technical or systems failure or other unforeseen circumstances that are outside the reasonable control of Channel 5 or the programme producer. Channel 5 reserves the right to amend, suspend, withdraw, cancel or re-set the Vote or to postpone or cancel the announcement of the result for any reason at its sole discretion and at any time or to take such other remedial action as it deems necessary and appropriate in the circumstances.
16. All votes are monitored by Electoral Reform Services.
17. Channel 5's decision in relation to all matters affecting the Vote or the result is final.
18. Under no circumstances will there be a refund for any vote cast or for any misdialled calls.
19. Channel 5, its group companies and sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Channel 5 hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the Vote.
20. Facebook, Apple, and Twitter are not sponsors nor are they involved with Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother, Channel 5 or Endemol UK Limited in any way. Facebook, Apple and Twitter are not responsible for the content of Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother nor do they have any authority over events within the programmes.
22. Channel 5 reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants. Please check these Terms and Conditions each time you wish to vote.
23. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law.
24. These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 18th December 2014.